So it seems as though there is a new E series camera on the way.

Started Feb 2, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
GBC
GBC
Contributing MemberPosts: 784
Like?
So it seems as though there is a new E series camera on the way.
Feb 2, 2013

I am surprised there isn't more fanfare, I guess this place has been a bit of a ghost town with the constant bickering and doom and gloom that has happened here lately.

I am glad to see the moderation now, it helps, thanks!!

Either way, any personal hopes for the new E series, if it in fact is one released this year?
I am hoping the camera is really "Pro". I want it to compete with CAF and SAF with the Nikon and Canons.

E5 or slightly smaller in size. HLD-4 compatible might be nice.

I want to see a RX100 sensor scaled up to 43rds size at 48 megapixels, with down sampling to 75% 36 megapixel images. The OMD sensor would be fine, but I suspect the new sensor will be a considerable improvement. Maybe a foveon style if it possible.

Maybe some advanced overlay displays in the overhead veiwfinder, something like the Fuji line with the digital display over top of the TTL OVF image.

Add the 5 axis and give it all the stuff the E5 has and I am good.

Maybe also become the fastest autofocusing in the world again with the 12-60 SWD, and fix the 14-35 F2 af in low light issue.

Last thing, remember on the E3 how you could use live view, but when you auto focussed the mirror would flip down, phase detect focus and expose the image. If you could use face detect or touch screen focus, but the mirror would flip and use the corresponding phase detect sensor spot automatically, that would be sweet.

And I should add to the list spot metering by focus point as well, especially when using the above phase face detect method I outlined above.
But whatever it turns out to be, I am excited. Good news for a change, it has been too long.
What features do you want?

Olympus E-3 Olympus E-5 Sony RX100
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
skeys MOD
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow