Terada: New 4/3's body (bodies?) in the pipline for 2013

Started Feb 2, 2013 | Discussions thread
dave gaines
Veteran MemberPosts: 9,122Gear list
Like?
Welcome comments from Terada about New 4/3's body in 2013
In reply to sderdiarian, Feb 2, 2013

:-Dsderdiarian wrote:

Interview with Terada stating Olympus will be introducing one or more new 4/3's bodies this year. Congrats on this scoop, DPR!

http://www.dpreview.com/articles/7898773566/cp-2013-interview-with-olympus-toshi-terada

Thanks for posting this Steve.

I welcome anything new in an Olympus DSLR, whether it's an E-xxx, E-xx or an E-x pro body. There are Olympus users among us who use all of these cameras, from the entry level to the Pro, and they all deserve an upgrade path to go with these great 4/3 lenses. If it's an improvement to the E-5 in the form of a Pro-level E-7 DSLR, I may have to run out and buy it. Otherwise I'd be happy to see an E-xxx or E-xx and wait a year before getting an upgrade to my E-5. My E-5 still has plenty of life in it and performs well for my needs in all areas except high ISO. For that I still use a tripod and low ISO.

Just a side note to the profit and marketability of Olympus products: With the price for used Olympus lenses falling to around 50% of new I think they needed to say and do something about future 4/3 bodies to keep their new lens sales going. Now the price of used lenses will probably rise again. With plans to sell future 4/3 DSLR bodies Olympus needs to maintain the price of their lenses.

The article will remain at the top of the dpr home page all weekend. People will still choose to ignore the obvious intent of the statement and deny there's anything new coming in Olympus 4/3. By now we know who they are.

-- hide signature --

Dave
No thought exists without an image. Socrates
http://whaleshark.smugmug.com

dave gaines's gear list:dave gaines's gear list
Olympus C-8080 Wide Zoom Olympus E-330 Nikon D800E Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 14-24mm f/2.8G ED +7 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
skeys MOD
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow