TOF guy
TOF guy MOD
Forum ProPosts: 10,651Gear list
Like?
Re: Double talk?
In reply to JimPearce, Feb 2, 2013

Jim wrote:

From CR

"During my current travels, I missed an interview Masaya Maeda gave in Japan about the 7D’s successor. Below is a translated part of the interviewthat talks about the EOS 7D Mark II. It does reaffirm our thoughts that the 7D Mark II will enter new territory.

Thank you for the link. I did miss that one but ...

And while we are, of course, developing its successor, it’ll be one that incorporates a certain number of innovative technologies. We will not be putting out a product with merely better specs, but one that has evolved into new territory. But then again, we’re not talking about something a long time from now either."

that is not necessarily incompatible with the most recent interview. There will be an "7D MkII" (that's your link and is also re-stated in the most recent interview), then it will be the end of the line. Likewise there may be a D400, but it will be the last of its kind (assuming Nikon is thinking along the same lines as Canon).

-- hide signature --

Thierry - posted as regular forum member

TOF guy's gear list:TOF guy's gear list
Nikon D800E Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 12-24mm f/4G ED-IF Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED Sigma 150mm F2.8 EX DG OS Macro HSM +3 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
No.New
wellNew
YeahNew
noNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow