800mm f/5.6...lighter than 600mm f/4....nice!

Started Jan 29, 2013 | Discussions thread
jeminijoseph
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,810Gear list
Like?
Re: 18 grand Must be alot of rich people out there
In reply to Daniel Clune, Feb 2, 2013

My 2008 Honda Fit sport cost me about 16k. 18K for a lens, yikes. I used to have a sigma 300-800 in canon mount. I found it way to hard to get anything in the viewfinder at full zoom. Stationary objects ok but moving targets no thanks. Always zoomed back to 300 then once in viewfinder cranked zoom to 800.

Guess there are allot of rich people out there. Most of them are work alcoholics so I guess only pros that need this range will be getting one. I guess this is a staus symbol lens for Nikon. Cant imagine many of theses being sold.

-- hide signature --

I too think 18 grand is too much because that's above my budget and need. I know that's not the case for many. There was a time that I thought 2k is too much for a lens. Now I own 500 vr which I paid 8k. Actually I didn't 'spent' 8k, I invested 8k and enjoying it. I know the lens will keep the value for some time. I might loose 1k but chances are that I will make that money. My first 500 (AFS I version) made me money.

On the other hand camera can eat lot of money.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow