RX1 Flickr Favorites - What does it all mean? Are you better for it?

Started Feb 2, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
teseg
Senior MemberPosts: 1,991Gear list
Like?
RX1 Flickr Favorites - What does it all mean? Are you better for it?
Feb 2, 2013

For nearly a year I posted many pictures taken with my NEX 5N on different Flickr group sites and collected a grand total of 3 Favorites (I know, embarrassing) + another 4 favorites just for the image taken with my 5N of my new RX1.  In the 1 month equivalent (my RX1 was in the shop for the other month) that I've had my RX1 I've posted significantly less photos and have amassed 34 favorites using my RX1, averaging ~2 per posting.  Not saying that is good or bad, it is what it is and it is markedly improved from my 5N postings.

What does it all mean?:

• My images are more inspired/better?
  • The photographic quality is improved?
  • People feel sorry that an RX1 user just dropped $3K and are trying to make them feel better?

Not looking for commentary on my personal Favorite performance.  More so find it interesting thinking about comments like "a better camera won't make you a better photographer"... and while likely true and even if the driver for the relative "explosion" of Favorites is driven by point 3, it does help boost my confidence which can translate to increased utils (util = a theoretical unit of perceived value) ... a value I had not even considered when I made the purchase.

Curious whether anyone else is feeling better about their photographic effort since buying this camera?

teseg's gear list:teseg's gear list
Sony RX1
Sony RX1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow