Cannot access folders/files after reinstall

Started Feb 2, 2013 | Discussions thread
peter
Regular MemberPosts: 443Gear list
Like?
Re: Cannot access folders/files after reinstall
In reply to Zone8, Feb 2, 2013

Hi,

I did try moving the folders to another drive but that was locked too.

I gave the permissions route one last try. In safe mode I changed the permissions and was able to access the folders that previously had been locked. Success I thought. When I rebooted in normal mode the folders were yet again locked.

So I went back into safe mode and moved the folders/files that I really wanted to another drive with changed names. It will be interesting to see if this works. If it does I will format the offending drive .

Will let you know if it works. The photos in one of the folders have transfered successfully but I am going to have to do some more work on the lightroom folders and apply permissions to all subfolders within the main folder.

Given that the owner name was strange I wonder if the problem was caused by a virus attack. The original reason for the reinstall was because Adaware suddenly started indicating a large number of changes to the registry. The result being that all important files were changed from exe to ink. I couldn't use any of the fixes because the system would not run them.

Peter

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow