Canon lover switched to RX-100, and it was terrible! Need advice....

Started Feb 1, 2013 | Discussions thread
tomtom50
Senior MemberPosts: 2,382Gear list
Like?
Re: Canon lover switched to RX-100, and it was terrible! Need advice....
In reply to wazu, Feb 2, 2013

wazu wrote:

I'm holding on to my CCD LX-5 since I fail to see a significant improvement in the LX-7. see DPR LX-7 vs LX-5 vs G-12 vs RX-100 studio comparison. The CCD also lacks the jello wobble in video panning the newer CMOS cams exhibit.

I still haven't worn out my shutter and 10mp is still competitive. Why do people need to continually incrementally upgrade before their current model is even broken in?

Albeit I do concede the RX-100 has better IQ but this must be weighed against it's double price, lousy ergonomics, slow lens, lousy battery life and slow autofocus.

-- hide signature --

There is a crack in everything That's how the light gets in. - Leonard Cohen

If you like your LX-5 keep it! Personally the LX-5 is oo big for me, but that is personal.

Fast AF. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

You are straight up wrong about RX100 AF. It is amazingly fast.

I can, in the dark, lock focus and shoot my kid on a swing set. My old DSLR couldn't do that.

I agree in general about keeping old cameras. I only bought an RX100 when I lost my S90, and it was not fun shelling out $600 for a point & shoot. On the other hand it fits in my jeans pocket and I cannot believe the photos I am getting.

tomtom50's gear list:tomtom50's gear list
Sony RX100 Canon EOS M Olympus PEN E-PM2 Sony Alpha NEX-3N
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow