Terada: New 4/3's body (bodies?) in the pipline for 2013

Started Feb 2, 2013 | Discussions thread
Karaya
Senior MemberPosts: 1,973Gear list
Like?
You can all thank me!
In reply to sderdiarian, Feb 2, 2013

After using the Olympus E-x series (E-1, E-3, E-5) exclusively since 2004 I broke down this month and got a Canon 5D MKIII with a 85mm f1.2 L. This must have been the final motivation Olympus needed to release an E-7 before the last of their loyal 4/3 users drift away.

I have not sold any of my Olympus gear. Really just looked at the new purchase as a way to fill in the remaining gaps in my lens lineup - this is the fast portrait prime that Olympus never made! My next lens might be the Sigma 180mm f2.8 macro in EF mount, i.e. the long macro that Olympus never released!

Still, it's not to late for Olympus to recapture my photography business. I would most likely purchase an E-7 if it has a sensor at least as good as the OM-D, improved auto focus and a body as nice as the E-5, which is, in my opinion, much nicer then either the 5D MKIII or D800. I would then use my E-5 and E-7 for nature work with my SHG 150 and 300mm lenses and use the 5D for people and landscape work.

The future is looking brighter!

Mark

www.pbase.com/karaya

Karaya's gear list:Karaya's gear list
Olympus Zuiko Digital 300mm 1:2.8 Olympus E-5 Canon EOS 5D Mark III Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 50mm 1:2.0 Macro Canon EF 85mm f/1.2L II USM +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
skeys MOD
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow