Buy A77 now or wait for A78

Started Jan 30, 2013 | Discussions thread
Prognathous
Veteran MemberPosts: 8,635
Like?
Make sure you know the potential annoyances before buying
In reply to twolfwalker, Feb 2, 2013

twolfwalker wrote:

My beloved Konica-Minolta 5D died on Christmas Eve. Fortunately I had taken most of the photos of my grandchildren before that unfortunate event. It is now time to move on. I have been eying the A77 since the first rumor of it and was ready to make the plunge.

But now I am seeing rumors of a new A78 coming out in the second half of the year. My though is this; if it reasonable to expect a new A78 to be available in a year I would purchase an A57 for now, wait for the new A78 and then pass on the A57 to my wife. However, if it is going to be a year and a half to two years before the A78 comes out I think I would go ahead and purchase the A77. Any constructive thoughts/suggestions would be appreciated.

The A77 is a very capable machine and I have no plans to sell it and move to something else in the foreseeable future. With that said, the camera has a long list of annoyances (mostly user experience related) that had I been in your position would make me wait for something more refined and thought out.

You can find all the details in my 5-post user opinion of the camera:

http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/thread/3135766

Prog.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow