Did you see the interview with the Canon Exec.?

Started Feb 1, 2013 | Discussions thread
rrccad
Senior MemberPosts: 1,638Gear list
Like?
Re: This made my plans easier.... i am probably switching to...or not
In reply to KariP, Feb 2, 2013

KariP wrote:

meland wrote:

KariP wrote:

I'm not sure if the guy was talking straight and "nothing but the truth"... Anyway, my plan is NOT to haul around heavy and even heavier equipment.

.....What are they thinking? And why are they not making a M series system with an EVF

How do you know they do not have such a product in development? Just because they have been carefully observing what is happening with the development mirrorless products and gauging what people really think of them (monitoring sales as well as reactions), rather than rushing headlong into what could be a potential dead end, doesn't mean that when they do come out with an EOS-M2, or 3 or whatever, that it won't be exactly what you are hoping for (or possibly better).

....nobody wants to haul 5 kgs of camera gear in a backpack around Venice ... i do not want to break my neck if i want to enjoy photography, i want a shoulder bag that contains less than 1kg of hardware .

Probably they in Canon's devel. department have been planning - or not. And they are not telling anything

For example Fuji and Sony have already made such cameras - like NEX7 or FujiX-E1 and they are making their systems better, reviews have been great. Many "advanced amateurs" that i know are thinking about the heavy loads in their bags - and want something else. Lighter and high IQ

you DO realize that was the gist of his points .. that smaller cameras for higher IQ should be using APS-C sized sensors and the phone camera competitors using smaller sensors because the technology has gotten much better.  however users seeking higher IQ are drifting more to fulll frame now that the costs are becoming cheaper.  this is a surprise to you?

Anyway , i'm doing some traveling this year 2013 - more than before - and i want to have a good camera with me in Rome, Amsterdam, Stockholm... Venice.

7D with 24-105, 70-300 + 10-22 is a terrific camera here in Finland - close to home. But for traveling... ; - (

but you won't get the same performance,etc out of a E1 or even NEX 7 as what you should be using a 7D body for.  the two are meant for differing purposes.  canon has considerably lighter APS-C bodies and lenses that you should be using if weight is such an issue.

take a 60D styled body, add a stabilized 24mm / 28mm prime 40mm 2.8, and even the not so bad 18-55 IS II / 50-250 and you have a considerably lighter kit combined with say your 10-22.  that would be barely over 1.5kg's  With far more choice and versatility than your E1.

your canon kit is all wrong if you are concerned about weight.

rrccad's gear list:rrccad's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark II Canon EOS 7D Canon EOS M
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow