Started Jan 31, 2013 | Discussions thread
Forgottenbutnotgone
Regular MemberPosts: 190
Like?
Re: Olympus Statement About Fourthirds and Micro Fourthirds
In reply to Darrell500, Feb 2, 2013

Darrell500 wrote:

mpeman wrote:

It is not a matter of what is considered trolling, but rather how one discusses an issue. Simply talking about a shortcoming is one thing. Ranting about it at every opportunity is another.

-- hide signature --

Regards,
Kevin
--

I couldn't agree more.

I have no problem with people pointing out the shortcomings of a certain sensor, AF issues, or any other problem they are having with their gear. I take issue with those who continuously post the "system is dead" without any factual proof to back it up. Do you know how many times I've seen this exact post?

With all due respect, to some of those people the system may indeed appear to be dead, and at least in their minds there is factual proof, or at least credible evidence to suggest that the system is indeed dead.

For instance, for those who entered Olympus ownership through the purchase of an affordable, entry-level body like the 410/20, 510/20, 610/20, and are looking for a direct replacement or upgrade, the system may indeed appear dead. They go to their friendly Olympus website and see that their present model has been discontinued. Their only Olympus alternative right now involves replacing both their body and lenses with something so different that it has been banished to it's own forum and been practically forbidden to be discussed in this one. To such a person, their system is, in effect, dead.

Somehow it seems that there should be equal tolerance for those who feel thusly as for those who constantly tout the virtues of Four Thirds.

As for myself, I can empathize with those who feel that way and at the same time enjoy my own gear and this forum. There's always two sides to every story and often one is just as important as the other.

For the record, I'm not a troll, nor am I one who is not familiar with both the delights and despairs of our system. Some people seem to think that I don't use my equipment. On the contrary I use it enough that I'm deathly afraid of checking the shutter count. Quite often, after I shoot and post-process in Lightroom, I export an extra copy of the results, resized to 800x600 to a folder store it on my phone. Doing so allows me to have examples of my work handy for my own review and critique and also allows me to easily mms or email photos to those who are interested in buying prints. Currently there are over 60,000 photos and stored on my nearly full 32 gig SD card, dating back to the late 90's,(1 and 2 megapixel Kodak digital cameras, Fuji superzoom, Olympus C740) 4 and as recent as a graduation I shot last Saturday. (to Android users, I would heartily recommend the free program, QuickPic, over the system's own Gallery program)

Robert

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
skeys MOD
404New
skeys MOD
skeys MOD
mpeman MOD
mpeman MOD
mpeman MOD
mpeman MOD
mpeman MOD
mpeman MOD
skeys MOD
skeys MOD
skeys MOD
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow