If not Aperture, then what are you using on your Mac?

Started Jan 29, 2013 | Discussions thread
JulesJ
Forum ProPosts: 32,389
Like?
Re: If not Aperture, then what are you using on your Mac?
In reply to Najinsky, Feb 2, 2013

Najinsky wrote:

JulesJ wrote:

Najinsky wrote:

ammac12 wrote:

At face value, Aperture sounds like the software I want - a seamless integration with iPhoto. Easily overlays existing photo's, albums and events and enhances the underwhelming editing softward that is iPhoto. However, there are so many horror stories about the reliability of this software I am afraid to take the plunge.

So, if not Aperture, then what are you using that functions like Aperture? What I'm after is the integration concept. I am testing LR now and so far don't see / know how to export saved images back to iPhoto. I am having to create a new path into my Pictures folder vs. iPhoto library. I am reviewing Elements as a more simplistic editing software. My needs are basic and my desire is to keep things streamlined - all going back to iPhoto for multiple device sync.

Any advice or suggestions? Thanks

Starting at the end, syncing to multiple devices via iTunes, you have three options for selecting the photos to sync, A folder of images, your iPhoto Library or your Aperture Library. So any other products are going to work the same as LR in this respect.

However, once you've exported your images to a folder, you can then import that folder into iTunes for sharing if you prefer that approach.

What does iTunes have to do with anything here?

When you plug an iPad, iPod or iPhone into the Mac and launch iTunes, they show as connected devices. You can then click on the device and tell iTunes what media you want copied to that device; music, video, apps, books, iTunesU, podcasts, contacts, calendars and photos. For the photos, you can sync them from a folder, Aperture's Library or iPhoto's Library.

The last part of of ammac12's messaege reads "all going back to iPhoto for multiple device sync." So he is wanting the photos in iPhoto so he can sync them to his iDevices, and this is where iTunes comes into play.

-Najinsky

Ok.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
NX2New
TestNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow