MAC
MAC
Forum ProPosts: 12,440Gear list
Like?
Re: What?
In reply to brightcolours, Feb 2, 2013

brightcolours wrote:

What we have learned.

1. the 85mm f1.8 USM is sharper across the frame than the 100mm f2.8 L IS USM, with quite a bit better borders and edges.

yeah, right... fact check please...

knock yourself out as playing the teacher,  but I'm not seeing versatility and flexibility in what you actually own - but hey, shop bokeh all you want - it's your $

the 100L is most fun lens ever on both FF and crop - it does have advantages on FF-- here is a visual comparison for you on sharpness

http://www.the-digital-picture.com/Reviews/ISO-12233-Sample-Crops.aspx?Lens=106&Camera=453&Sample=0&FLI=0&API=0&LensComp=674&CameraComp=453&SampleComp=0&FLIComp=0&APIComp=0

and charts are at dpreview - sharpest lens ever tested

and here is what Bryan says at the digital picture site for the 85:

“I didn't find myself using the Canon EF 85mm f/1.8 USM Lens very much after getting the Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8 L IS USM Lens. Although 1 1/3 stop slower, I found the Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8 L IS USM Lens to be far more versatile."

and here is what Bryan says about the 100L

"I called the Canon EF 100mm f/2.8 USM Macro Lens Canon's "Most fun per dollar lens". While that lens is less expensive, I'm thinking the Canon EF 100mm f/2.8 L IS USM Macro Lens may be the new holder of this title. The improvements in this lens, especially the Hybrid IS, go a long way toward increasing the fun-ness. And the results are definitely fun-inducing. This is a highly recommended lens."

my thoughts match Bryan's exactly

MAC's gear list:MAC's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Canon EOS 650D Canon EOS 100D Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L USM Canon EF 100mm f/2.8L Macro IS USM +7 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
SighNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow