ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
leopold
Forum ProPosts: 12,579Gear list
Like?
Tamron 17-50 or DA18-135 for travel ?
Feb 2, 2013

Hi,

we are planning our family vacation for this summer and we are going to visit New Brunswick Province here in Canada. I've learned that kids are no patient when dad is taking photos so after 5 minutes (maximum) we have to move. So i'm trying to strip down my lenses so it would be faster with less change of lenses in the field.

Here is what i will bring for sure:

- K-01

- K20D

- DFA100 Macro WR

- DA*50-135

- Pentax-645 FA300mm/5.6

- Tripod

OK, habitually i take my DA14, FA20 and DA35 Macro Ltd. My goal is to get a WA zoom with good IQ to replace those lenses even if i don't go as wide as 14mm.

I need a lens which is good enough to send the photos to my Stock agency and double page spread in magazine.

The Tamron 17-50 and DA18-135 comes to mind, both would be able to use my Polarizer filters that i use for my DA50-135 (67mm), the 18-135 use 62mm filter but i already have the ring to adapt it.

There is no store that have the Tamron in Pentax mount here, and i'm not sure if L.L. Lozeau have the DA18-135.

My question is how are the corners sharpness of the DA18-135 when stopped down to f/8-16, at Wider apertures i don't mind the corners since they will probably be OOF in portrait shots. I would use the lens from 18mm to about 40mm mostly for landscape.

I did take a look at users review on the other Pentax Forum and the Tamron gets great reviews there.

Thanx for any input .

leopold's gear list:leopold's gear list
Canon EOS 7D Fujifilm X-E1 Canon EF 400mm f/5.6L USM Canon EF 70-200mm f/4.0L USM Fujifilm XF 14mm F2.8 R +3 more
Pentax K-01 Pentax K20D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow