Did you see the interview with the Canon Exec.?

Started Feb 1, 2013 | Discussions thread
KariP
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,451Gear list
Like?
Re: This made my plans easier.... i am probably switching to...or not
In reply to meland, Feb 2, 2013

meland wrote:

KariP wrote:

I'm not sure if the guy was talking straight and "nothing but the truth"... Anyway, my plan is NOT to haul around heavy and even heavier equipment.

.....What are they thinking? And why are they not making a M series system with an EVF

How do you know they do not have such a product in development? Just because they have been carefully observing what is happening with the development mirrorless products and gauging what people really think of them (monitoring sales as well as reactions), rather than rushing headlong into what could be a potential dead end, doesn't mean that when they do come out with an EOS-M2, or 3 or whatever, that it won't be exactly what you are hoping for (or possibly better).

....nobody wants to haul 5 kgs of camera gear in a backpack around Venice ... i do not want to break my neck if i want to enjoy photography, i want a shoulder bag that contains less than 1kg of hardware .

Probably they in Canon's devel. department  have been planning - or not. And they are not telling anything

For example Fuji and Sony have already made such cameras - like NEX7 or FujiX-E1  and they are making their systems better, reviews have been great. Many "advanced amateurs" that i know  are thinking about the heavy loads in their bags - and want something else. Lighter and high IQ

Anyway , i'm doing some traveling this year 2013 - more than before - and i want to have a good camera with me in Rome, Amsterdam, Stockholm... Venice.

7D with 24-105, 70-300 + 10-22 is a terrific camera here in Finland - close to home.  But for traveling... ; - (

I'm not so faithful Canon user that i would like to wait and wait - not knowing what i'm waiting for.   And if is it going to be 1 or 3 years

-- hide signature --

Kari
SLR photography started in 1968, 40D since 2007, and now 7D !
60.21 N 24.86 E

KariP's gear list:KariP's gear list
Canon PowerShot G12 Canon PowerShot G1 X Canon EOS 7D Fujifilm X-E1 Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM +8 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow