Like?
Re: Fading colours
In reply to Daniel Lauring, Feb 2, 2013

Gidday Daniel

Daniel Lauring wrote:

John King wrote:

Sorry, I should have included the WIR table for the Epson R3880 here:
http://www.wilhelm-research.com/epson/WIR_Ep3880_2010_04_14.pdf

I think that 100 to 200+ years is fairly acceptable for displayed prints ...
Of course, these figures are dependent on using OEM inks and specific papers.

-- hide signature --

Regards, john from Melbourne, Australia.

My last Epson printer, I think it might be a 2200?, is still sealed in the box. I can't print as cheap places like Costco, and if you tune to their profiles, the prints come out pretty good. I have had a few times where they seem to have mucked with the tuning, but for the most part, the results are as good, or better than I could do, for one tenth the price.

A couple of things ...

We don't have Costco ...

"Pretty good" is not the quality I am aiming for ...

When talking to pro print labs, A2 prints start at around $50, for starters ... Mention 16 bit files in ProPhotoRGB and specific papers and the price basically increases 100% for each step ... UGH! Many printer shops I have spoken to don't even know what 16 bit files are, or ProPhotoRGB ...

I also do not feel competent to prepare images properly for someone else to print. I am very picky about my prints ... I have yet to have one I'm not happy with. I have seen a lot of "professionally printed" competition images that I wouldn't accept ...

Being very cognisant of the pitfalls of print permanence, I am also loth to put my faith in unknown techs, using unknown inks on unknown papers, using low-bit images, and sRGB colour space ...

So that leaves me in charge of my own printing - no fights, and if it is stuffed up, I can only blame myself ...

-- hide signature --

Regards, john from Melbourne, Australia.

John King's gear list:John King's gear list
Olympus E-1 Olympus E-510 Olympus E-30
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
YesNew
YesNew
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow