Started Feb 2, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
MisterBG
Veteran MemberPosts: 5,340
Like?
EOS 6D - The "Rebel/XTi" of full frame?
Feb 2, 2013

I'm a long time Canon user with quite a substantial "investment" in the EOS system. I currently use a 30D which I'm quite happy with, but I'm feeling I would like some improvements, particularly in the MP area, to allow more scope for cropping images, and also better noise levels.

For various reasons, I'm not very impressed with the current state of Canon's APS-C offerings, but the introduction of the 6D has got my attention, and I'm considering making the switch.
Although I have a couple of EF-S lenses, I also have a couple of L lenses that are suitable for full frame, and I'd be willing to give up the EF-S lenses.

My interests are landscape, architecture and low-light shooting, and the 6D looks like a good candidate on all those counts.

However, these days I'm on a limited income, so every penny counts.
I can't help thinking that the 6D could have been cheaper if Canon had chosen to leave off a few of the "bells and whistles" from the 6D, e.g. the WiFi and GPS, neither of which are essential as far as I'm concerned, and could be accommodated by external, optional, add-ons.

At present in the UK, the 6D (body) is around £200 more expensive than the Nikon D600, which is its obvious competitor. I know it's early days and the prices are likely to drop, but I can't help thinking that without GPS and WiFi that price differential could be wiped out.

What I'm also wondering is, are Canon likely to introduce a "Rebel/XTi" type of full frame body, with fewer toys than the 6D but the same IQ, or is the 6D the full-frame "Rebel"?

-- hide signature --

>The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible.

Canon EOS 30D Canon EOS 6D Nikon D600
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow