Started Jan 31, 2013 | Discussions thread
alatchin
Contributing MemberPosts: 772Gear list
Like?
Re: Olympus Statement About Fourthirds and Micro Fourthirds
In reply to Raist3d, Feb 2, 2013

Raist3d wrote:

Darrell500 wrote:

Sorry if this has already been posted I hadn't seen it on this forum yet. The link is to a page where Olympus is talking about 5 new companies added to the micro fourthirds consortium but what I almost missed was at the very bottom where they say they are going to continue to develop and enhance both systems.

HERE IS THEIR STATEMENT AND THE LINK

As the company responsible for initiating both the Four Thirds System and Micro Four Thirds System standards, Olympus Imaging Corp. will continue to develop and enhance the product lineup for both standards to meet the diverse needs of our customers.

http://www.olympus-global.com/en/news/2013a/nr130121mfourthirdse.jsp

Alright all you naysayers out there put this in your pipe and smoke it, this is straight from the horses mouth and dated Jan 2013!

-- hide signature --

"Don't Be Afraid To See What You See"
Darrel

Before you do your "victory dance" look back all the press releases and all the different messages Olympus has been sending including Mr. Terada himself which talked about "one beautiful system."

As a timeline was never mentioned, and I also believe he himself mentioned it was proving more difficult than expected, I feel they have been far more open than many camera companies would be about product development.

the company could have simply changed directions or maybe the micro+ adapter hybrid is still coming. Hard to tell with so many messages.

Maybe, there are a number of ways it could work, the fact they are using the full upgrade cycle of the E-X to develop a final product isnt a problem, and one clear message above all others is that our lenses will always have a body... but people like to ignore that one for speculation.

The good news is the 4/3 lenses aren't left out in the cold (something I mentioned quite a long time back). As for the system itself, if its alive and well let's see the canned 4/3 telephoto macro come out and then we talk:-)

Well, it would be interesting, as a size relationship may better suit 43rds, but, if they produce a body with an adapter (included in the box) and the 100mm in micro43 the results are the same. As long as I can use my lenses with no compromise on a body, the system is alive an well...

-- hide signature --

Raist3d/Ricardo (Photographer, software dev.)- I photograph black cats in coal mines at night...
“The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it.” - George Orwell

-- hide signature --

“You don’t take a photograph, you make it.” -Ansel Adams
blog.alatchinphotography(dot)com

alatchin's gear list:alatchin's gear list
Olympus E-3 Olympus PEN E-P2 Olympus PEN E-PL2 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus PEN E-PL5 +20 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
skeys MOD
404New
skeys MOD
skeys MOD
mpeman MOD
mpeman MOD
mpeman MOD
mpeman MOD
mpeman MOD
mpeman MOD
skeys MOD
skeys MOD
skeys MOD
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow