Started Feb 1, 2013 | Questions thread
jtoolman
Senior MemberPosts: 4,307
Like?
Re: Dye or pigment inks and refillable cartridges for Epson Artisan 1430
In reply to Nicholas Sherman, ACS, Feb 2, 2013

Nicholas Sherman, ACS wrote:

jtoolman wrote:

The Dye inks from the two sources I quoted will match OEM about as close as you can possibly get.

Couple them with good high quality refillables and you should do well.

If you insist on going pigment, then the only ones that will aproach OEM are the ones from CONE Color at inkjetmall.com.

All other pigment inks will not produce good gloss. If you expect to get the prints you were getting with your Claria Dye inks on Glossy paper with Pigment inks, you will not be happy. Even is they were OEM they will never be like Claria inks.

Pigment inks do best on Matte and art papers. Epson Printers like the R1900 and R2000 actually use a gloss optimizer to cover up the effects of gloss differential pigment inks produce on Glossy and Luster papers.

Dear jtoolman, (is it your real name? :)) )

Thank you very much for your advice and comments.

So, I have to make decision and it will be Dye inks. Any preferences from two you quoted or it doesn't really matter?

Cheers,

Nicholas Sherman, ACS
www.nsherman.info

Of course not!

Joe

I am currently using using the Dye "Klariah" inks and carts from inkjetcarts.us and I can print using the Epson ICC  profiles for printing on Epson papers with no decernible difference.

Do you know how to print with the ICC profiles that were installed with your printer through your photo editor? In other words, by not letting the printer driver control color but instead letting the photo eidtor control it through a specific ICC profile for a specific paper type.  Assuming that you monitor has been properly calibrated of course.

If you do, then no more needs to be said, but if you are not familiar with the concept of Color Management, then it will be a good idea to read up on the subject so when you get your new inks and carts you can start on the right foot.

Joe

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow