Panorama thread nr. 60 *large files*

Started Jan 11, 2013 | Discussions thread
Puss in Books
New MemberPosts: 17Gear list
Like?
Re: Night Panorama - Wellington, NZ
In reply to David Nall, Feb 2, 2013

David Nall wrote:

You did a great job for your first attempt. I am not an expert at night photography, but I think you exposed this a little to long as the lights are a bit burned in so the lighted signs are not very legible. You might also turn down the ISO to 100 and try again and experiment with different shutter speeds. I would think that 5 or 6 seconds would be enough on a moonlit night, but maybe less. Also I would try to avoid the crane or whatever it is that is not adding anything to the composition IMHO. Dave

Hi David, yeah I think I might have over exposed, but I like how it enhances the reflection.

The reason for the higher ISO was I wanted to capture the moment before conditions changed.  For example, every now and then a little breeze would change the texture of the water which would have spoiled the stitching.  I tried to take the same shot during daylight on a previous visit to Wellington.  I was unable to get a successful pano because the wind kept changing, and the texture of the water varied considerably between shots.

I like the crane!  Taking it out would be like removing the fullstop at the end of a sentence

Puss in Books's gear list:Puss in Books's gear list
Sony SLT-A37 Sony DT 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 SAM Sony DT 16-80mm F3.5-4.5 ZA Carl Zeiss Vario-Sonnar T* Sony DT 35mm F1.8 SAM Rokinon 8mm f/3.5 Aspherical Fisheye
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
#1New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow