Which triggers for mainly speedlights, but with the possibility of expanding in the future ?

Started Jan 31, 2013 | Discussions thread
Sailor Blue
Senior MemberPosts: 6,020Gear list
Like?
Re: Which triggers for mainly speedlights, but with the possibility of expanding in the future ?
In reply to Chas P, Feb 2, 2013

Any brand of TTL control will usually give you a different exposure if you simply zoom in or out on a subject since that changes the ratio of subject and background.  The only exception I know of is if the blond or bald subject is nude against a background with the same reflectivity as the subject's skin.

The only time I use E-TTL II is when the flash is mounted on the camera and the subject to camera distance is constantly changing.  I expect to have to adjust the exposure of every image individually.

Whenever the subject is stationary I use it in manual power control mode and I try to get the flash off the camera.  This way I get consistent exposures and if any change in exposure is needed during post processing I can apply the change to all the images at once.

I'm perfectly happy with my Yongnuo RF-602s but if I used more than one or two off-camera flash units or ones that were difficult to access I would certainly be looking for RF triggers that gave me remote control of the flash power.

-- hide signature --

Living and loving it in Bangkok, Thailand. Canon 7D - See the gear list for the rest.

Sailor Blue's gear list:Sailor Blue's gear list
Canon EOS 7D +10 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow