Started Jan 30, 2013 | Discussions thread
MAC
MAC
Forum ProPosts: 12,274Gear list
Like?
Re: Canon 35 f1 + Canon 85 f1.8
In reply to Sovern, Feb 2, 2013

Sovern wrote:

Yea since going around lying or saying how much money you made at an event which could have been a free or friends wedding validates your claim anymore.

(By the way anyone with a camera can shoot a wedding and charge money, it takes someone to do an exceptional job consistently with their own style).

I've shot at a paid event with a kit lens it doesn't mean that it's the optimal choice for the task at hand just like how your 100 2.8 is not the optimal choice.

I already have a 40D and theres no way that I'd want a 100mm lens on it....way too limiting.

The 85 1.8 will serve the 135mm purpose, have more OOF capability's which is preferable to a lens being slower with IS.

With good hand hold technique you can hand hold the 85mm at 1/60th of a second on crop body as well.

Also the difference from 3200 iso on 40D and 60D will be minor, I tried 3200 iso with it earlier and it;s just fine for what it does.

Personally I don't even like that photo that much, the grooms head is blocking too much of the photo I would have framed it more straight on giving it more of a pleasing composition vs a shot where it looks like the priest is about to elbow the groom in the head.

I only shoot pro rates or I don't take the gig.  We had 6 dslrs between us.  Suggest doing the same backup with only pros. Or you could have issues when caught in a traffic jam. I'm waiting for that critical moment photo from you with the 85...

MAC's gear list:MAC's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Canon EOS 650D Canon EOS 100D Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L USM Canon EF 100mm f/2.8L Macro IS USM +6 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
SighNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow