Third Party Flash....

Started Jan 31, 2013 | Discussions thread
Sailor Blue
Senior MemberPosts: 6,823Gear list
Like?
Re: Sales pitch about Metz flashes
In reply to rsn48, Feb 2, 2013

rsn48 wrote:

Right now, Metz is the only 3rd party company to offer software upgrades to their flashes so they won't grow obsolete if Canon decides to change up its software integration. Metz's aren't the cheapest of the third parties but they definitely make excellent units.

You can do software updates to the Nissin Di866 and Di622 flash units.

I did one update to my Di866 Pro.  The only hard part was pressing all the buttons in the right combinations with the right timing to bring up the update menu on the flash unit.

I agree with victorian squid, with the current sale on Canon flash units then get the 430EX II if you can possibly afford it.  If you simply can't afford it then look to Metz and Nissin as the next best ones but don't discount the Yongnuo YN-565EX as a budget priced alternative.  The Yongnuo may not match the others for longevity but it should last the normal amateur photographer for years.

-- hide signature --

Living and loving it in Bangkok, Thailand. Canon 7D - See the gear list for the rest.

Sailor Blue's gear list:Sailor Blue's gear list
Canon EOS 7D +10 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow