Has anyone with a K-5II or K-5IIS retested SDM lenses with a TC?

Started Feb 1, 2013 | Discussions thread
brandrx
Forum ProPosts: 24,860
Like?
Re: Thanks for your reply.
In reply to Russell Evans, Feb 2, 2013

Russell Evans wrote:

That is about about how the 50-135mm does on my K-5, so it doesn't sound like anything has changed. I was hoping the newer -3EV spec would help and maybe Pentax had slipped in a fix in the K-5II series since they were talking about having the TC for sale this year.

Hi Russell,

FWIW: If you have a K-01 I suggest you give it a try with SDM and a 1.4X PZ_Af TC. I see a world of difference with the DA*300/4 + 1.4X PZ_Af. Of course this does not solve our problem of using TC's with our SDM lenses on the K-5, K-5 II/IIs.

Just because of what I see when using the DA*300/4 with a 1.4X PZ_Af with SDM on my K-5 or without SDM on my K10D with firmware 1.20, and comparing with 1.4X PZ_Af with HSM lenses on the K-5, I am convinced that we will never see a 1.4X from Pentax that will work properly with any SDM lens when used with SDM or with screwdrive. I believe that for some reason it cannot be done and that is why we havn't seen a 1.4X from Pentax even though we have been promised one for many, many years.

Just my opinion. YMMV.

Cheers.

Ron

-- hide signature --

Ron - 'We don't have time to go take pics this afternoon Carl.'
Carl - 'What do you mean? It will only take 1/1000s.'
'Keep your eyes looking forward. However, glance back now and then to see where you've come from. It will put a smile on your face.' ~ brandrx

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow