Started Jan 24, 2013 | Discussions thread
Joachim Wulfers
Senior MemberPosts: 1,074Gear list
Like?
Re: Lenses for Europe Trip?
In reply to blue_skies, Feb 2, 2013

blue_skies wrote:

j450n74y wrote:

thanks for that Henry. I didn't think ild use the 55-210 much as i can't imagine ill be taking that with me as i:
-dislike carrying a big camera bag
-cant see too many shots needing that range
-good points about the clearimage zoom and being able to use that to get a better reach

19mm sigma sounds like a good option to have with the 16-50mm. i did find that on my last trip, even though i had my sigma 30mm..i wished i brought the 16-50mm instead as its just so much more flexible. this is when im carrying camera and lens only with no bag/other lenses.. but im thinking in europe i might have to carry a bag with me..

i liked your choices..and thats kinda what i was leaning towards.. hmm

dont have the 35mm..but thinking of selling some of the legacy lenses i have to make way so i can buy the 35..but unsure if it would be worth doing it..and bringing it even!

You don't need the E35, but the Sigma 30 or 19 are one full stop slower.

If indoors, use (bounce) flash (just pull the flash back - or get the 20AM flash unit with MAA adapter).

A full stop is not much, but you'll find that you are at ISO 1600 at 1/60th at f/1.8 already. With the Sigma you have to go to 1/30th, and that means bean bag, tripod, etc, or use ISO 3200.

When I took the E24Z (actually the, ZM 35/2.0 earlier), it made a big difference for me. Lots of shots (with family) are indoors at night, and I found the f/2.8 Sigmas too slow for that. (The wider angle is often better than the narrow, as it 'sees' more light).

In museums, inner-city, other indoors, etc., the f/2.8 does work fine. I took lots of indoor shots with the E16 at f/4 (because I did not want to use f/2.8) - and this works fine in Europe.

-- hide signature --

Cheers,
Henry

Flash is not allowed in most museums and churches I have visited

-- hide signature --

Joachim

Joachim Wulfers's gear list:Joachim Wulfers's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-5N Sony a6000 Sony E 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 OSS Sony E 16mm F2.8 Pancake Sony E 18-200mm F3.5-6.3 OSS +9 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow