Started Feb 2, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
umbalito
Junior MemberPosts: 26
Like?
X-E1 + 18mm and Zone Focusing
Feb 2, 2013

Does anyone regularly zone focus with the 18mm?

I know Fuji has provided an on-screen DOF scale - if somewhat very conservative, from what I've read - but with tools like the DOF Master apps, I don't think it really matters that it's very conservative - it's more important to see at what distance you're focused at.

I've been thinking about getting the X-E1 as a street shooter, but I'm not sure if not having distance markings on the barrel is going to be a problem.

1. Do you find the focus ring easily moveable, and therefore have to keep checking the on-screen scale to confirm that it's still focused at the correct distance?

2. Is there a way to disable one touch AF in Manual Focus mode? From where the AF-L button is placed, it seems could be easily accidentally pressed.

I know the 14mm has the DOF scale on the barrel, but I find it a tad too wide, and would really prefer the FL of the 18.

Thanks!

Fujifilm X-E1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow