inasir1971
Senior MemberPosts: 3,170Gear list
Like?
Re: equivalent prices
In reply to Chez Wimpy, Feb 2, 2013

Chez Wimpy wrote:

Trevor Carpenter wrote:

And what price do we think this lens will be if it materialises

I wouldn't put it past them to try $1500 because this is a "85mm f1.2 equivalent lens" (sic)

More realistically, if they want it to sell any at all, they will price it in the $900 range. Goes head to head with the Oly 75/1.8, err "150mm f1.8 equivalent lens." Bargains abound!

The Cosina 42.5 0.95 will probably be $1500 ("85mm f0.95 equivalent lens").

Of course this is academic for me since I still have my dusty old cheap-o 85/1.8 and FF camera. I wonder what that is supposed to be equivalent to?

-- hide signature --

-CW

Some MFT lenses are getting into silly pricing.

With the price of full frame systems falling it makes a lot of sense to have a second system. It's a one off expense (unless you already have one in which case it's free) and then lenses are cheaper and/or better.

Take the Oly 75/1.8 for example. $900 and without a lens hood? Might as well get the Canon 135 f/2L ($999 with a lens hood).

photozone.de review

Instead of the Voigtlander 42.5/0.95, try a Speed Booster (one off $400 (probably)) with a cheap 50/1.4 for a 72mm  f/1.

A 75mm 1.8 lens is a 75mm 1.8 lens not a 150mm 1.8. Pricing it as such would be about as ridiculous as charging DX users for the additional 'reach' they get because of the crop factor.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow