Started Feb 1, 2013 | Discussions thread
t.c. marino
Contributing MemberPosts: 599
Like?
Re: A great question
In reply to samjstern, Feb 2, 2013

samjstern wrote:

I do mostly events, weddings, anniversaries, graduation parties,

My wife has made me promiss to cut back.

Only doing about 30 weddings a year now.

Many of my young clients do not want albums. They just want pictures on a disk so they can post on facebook. I used to say no but lost jobs to others.

SO

I do what they ask for. I also have an upsell that has done well. I give them my images on an ipad. They get the ipad and the images. I purchase the ipads at a local Best Buy and upload from my computer to the ipad.

I have sold 10 of these upsells so far. The brides love it. Others still just want me to shoot the images, pos tprocess them and deliver a disk. I am making a good profit on this ipad package

I, also, have the clients who want albums. I sell 5 x 7 parent albums and 10 x 10 bridal albums. I use Bay Photo to print my albums. Yes, this is the most profit to me but rather than loose a client, I do what they WANT.

-- hide signature --

Sam
www.samjsternphotography.com
www.abingtonheadshots.com

thanks for replying..didn't realize wedding photographers would have problem selling prints of wedding he/she just photographed for the newlyweds..WOW.

-- hide signature --

nikonshooter

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
YesNew
YesNew
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow