Started Feb 2, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
stephent
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,301
Like?
First morning with the A57...
Feb 2, 2013

Hi everyone, I have been waiting for awhile to replace my Minolta 7d and yesterday I did. I do own the NEX 5 and had no reason to need an DSLR as the NEX does a fantastic job. However my brother in law is getting married next month and as I use to work as a wedding photographer guess  who got the job 

After seeing the results possible from the 16mpx Sony sensor I do not believe a A65 or A77 was needed. I spent last night getting to know the camera, and without reading or loading the manuals   found the camera very easy to run. The Fn button allows quick access to just about all I will need to play around with. The other menus are straight forward as well.

I spent this morning running through my lens collection on the camera. The best balanced on the camera body was the Minolta 24/105 which in the old days of film was my go to lens. Its a great fit and the test shots of my son are wonderfully sharp. For the wedding this will be on the camera most of the day.

I had hoped to run through some outdoor portraits but rain stopped play. I did however try out the Minolta 75/300, not the best lens but this photo of the birds in our backyard is not bad.

So after a few hours playing around with the A57 I could not be happier. I has got to be the best camera in its class and one that I look forward to using.

Regards.

Stephen.

Sony SLT-A57 Sony SLT-A65 Sony SLT-A77
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow