Olympus Statement About Fourthirds and Micro Fourthirds

Started Jan 31, 2013 | Discussions thread
Forgottenbutnotgone
Regular MemberPosts: 192
Like?
Re: Olympus Statement About Fourthirds and Micro Fourthirds
In reply to mpeman, Feb 2, 2013

mpeman wrote:

It is not a matter of what is considered trolling, but rather how one discusses an issue. Simply talking about a shortcoming is one thing. Ranting about it at every opportunity is another.

With all due respect, "ranting" is a subjective term and has consistently been used along with the term trolling to discredit legitimate complaints. If the purpose of 1022 is indeed to "discuss" Olympus DSLR's why should there infinitely more tolerance for positive hyperbole and puffery than negative truth? Why is there no tolerance for the use of the word fanboy but as demonstrated in this very thread, the term troll is not considered "offensive, malicious or antagonistic"? And note the term that was used was not an adjective, but as a noun. The person who used it is in effect stating that at least someone who has responded in this thread is not engaging in trolling but IS a troll.

You'll be quick to note though that now there is very large number of people "ranting" about the very same thing Ricardo was. Not only are they ranting, they are leaving. Just look at the numbers of long time Olympus faithful who have left here for other brands or at least a better sensor within the brand.

If what Pris said here is true http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/post/50773056,

"And before I move on from this, I want to let you know that Olympus DOES listen to what its customers are saying online. When it was time for our product feedback session, they were very receptive to all the suggestions my fellow Visionaries and myself offered. We, like you, are passionate about photography and we want the same features and improvements as you. So with that said, I can tell you that your voices have been heard.

then perhaps the "ranting" of more people may have brought about a quicker solution. Now please don't misunderstand me, I'm not promoting complaining just for the sake of complaining. I'm saying that when and where there is reason for it, it shouldn't be stifled.

Robert

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
skeys MOD
404New
skeys MOD
skeys MOD
mpeman MOD
mpeman MOD
mpeman MOD
mpeman MOD
mpeman MOD
mpeman MOD
skeys MOD
skeys MOD
skeys MOD
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow