Got tired of waiting...

Started Feb 1, 2013 | Discussions thread
Kerry Pierce
Forum ProPosts: 17,103Gear list
Like?
Re: Got tired of waiting...
In reply to ralittle2, Feb 2, 2013

ralittle2 wrote:

I believe that Nikon will introduce a camera to replace the D300. I hope it's a true replacement, but at the cost of a used D300, the pain isn't so bad and gives me something to shoot with now and don't have to wait to see if Nikon has teething problems.

That's probably a wise decision, especially if they do indeed bring out the d7k replacement first. If the d400 comes much later in the year, it will likely be Jan 2014 before any/all of the issues are known.  For me, a d400 is going to have to be something special. I don't need a high res body, so I think that the new sensor will have to perform significantly better than the d300 for me to bite.

The D700 was still extremely tempting though. I'd like to have both. I may buy a D700 down the road, but hopefully Nikon will give some clarity in the next 6 months or so.

You could certainly do a lot worse than having the d300/d700 pair, even in the face of all the new sensors.  If you don't really need the extra resolution, then there's nothing out there that is really a better set of cameras, certainly not high performance, high speed, at anywhere near the price points. The bodies are almost identical in feel and use and use the same battery and grip.  Even though I have some newer bodies, I plan to use the d300/d700 far into the future.

Kerry

-- hide signature --

my gallery of so-so photos
http://www.pbase.com/kerrypierce/root

Kerry Pierce's gear list:Kerry Pierce's gear list
Nikon D300 Nikon D700 Nikon D3S Nikon D7000 Nikon D5100 +11 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow