ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
mikhs1
New MemberPosts: 14
Like?
Need help learning to use my new D7000
Feb 1, 2013

Hi,

Is anyone aware of any camera specific (or at least camera line specific) classes offered in greater Vancouver area, BC, Canada?

I got a new Nikon D7000 with 18-105 lens kit over the holidays and find it a little overwhelming...  it has a 100 (I didn’t actually count them  ) tiny buttons on the back, on the font, on the top and on the lens… Not to mention a thousand or so menu options.

I sure miss the good old times when you could just take your new camera out of the box check the location of controls for the shutter speed and aperture and you are good to go and shoot (I always thought in the past that you need only 3 controls to take photos – shutter speed, aperture and focus + your creativity of course).

I am not technologically challenged…  I have been working with technology all my life and actually enjoy gadgets and such…

My #1 problem is time. With full time work, long commutes, family/kids, etc…  I just don’t have the time to devote to playing and experimenting with all the features and memorizing button functions. No time to read the manual either – this is not a 10 page booklet like my old film camera had, Nikon D7000 came with a half inch thick book.  Even if I do read up on something, I will forget it by the time I go out to shoot. Plus there is too many distractions at home…

When I do get out, it’s usually with the family and I don’t have time to learn either… I just put the camera into auto mode and use it as a point and shoot.

I do not want a class on the basics of photography (not that I couldn’t use to refresher on that too), just on how to use the all the main features of the camera.

It would be an excuse to get out of the house once a week and focus on it with no interruptions or distractions… and if there are homework assignments, I would make sure I make time to do it and practice what was learned in the class.

Sorry for such a long-winded post. But if anyone has any suggestions they would be greatly appreciated.

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Nikon D7000
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow