Problem with image stabilization on newer versions of 24-105 IS L?

Started Jun 26, 2012 | Discussions thread
jwinberg1
Contributing MemberPosts: 619Gear list
Like?
Re: Problem with image stabilization on newer versions of 24-105 IS L?
In reply to BRUCEK56, Feb 1, 2013

BRUCEK56 wrote:

Hi,

Yes...........I sent in mine and had it repaired. I used the actual pictures from this thread along with copies of the responses and sent it to Canon so they could see my problem was not an isolated incident.

Please see the other thread listed below. I even listed the part #'s that were required and my Repair # at the request of other forum members. This way they could be more specific with Canon when sending their lens in by referencing mine.

However....be very careful when you get the lens back. Yes.....they repaired the I.S. issue.

Whatever it is they did they have to disassemble the lens somewhat to get to the I.S.

When I got my lens back it was VERY soft on the entire left side at 105mm at F4...............so of course it went right back to Canon.

It is there now and I expect it back today or tomorrow (they used FedEx with Saturday delivery last time).

They fixed one problem but created another so be sure and test your lens thoroughly after getting it back.

http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/thread/3365069

-- hide signature --

BRUCEK56

Hi:

I panicked when I read this thread, and hustled to test my 3 month old 24-105 lens and 5D3.  I am relieved to report that I cannot replicate the issue, the IS is working well at all apertures and shutter speeds - WHEW!  My S/N is 477xxxxxx.  I'm fortunate.

Thanks to those of you who bothered to report this, and the best of luck to all who need their lenses repaired.

Jack Winberg

jwinberg1's gear list:jwinberg1's gear list
Canon PowerShot S95 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Canon EOS 5D Mark III Canon EOS 650D Olympus E-M1
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow