My story and the quest for a single camera.

Started Jan 31, 2013 | Discussions thread
glpsace
Junior MemberPosts: 25
Like?
Re: Sony rx100 [nt]
In reply to Mauro.B, Feb 1, 2013

Thank you for the advice but I´m not a fan of Sony colors. Don´t shoot me for saying it, but it is just how I feel but watching photos from it.

Now, as you know I had a Sigma DP1. While searching for the X100 information, many times I came across comparisons with the Sigma DP2 Merril. I really liked the DP1 despite being slooooow, but the wide lens was just too wide for me!

Now the 30, or should I say 45mm, lens is much to my liking. "Excelent" for candids and portraits. The IQ seems out of this world in good light. Problem: Low-light / high Iso and of course the lack of OVF /EVF.

Plus it was expensier than the X100.... but now I have found a place where funny enough both cost the same (5€ diference).

I´m sure that the X100 is the better package, plus Fuji colors for skin tones are still unmatched in my book.

Still I would love to read experiences from a lucky few (if any at all) that have tried both cameras. Just out of curiosity, since the X100 is my primary choice, by far, right now.

Thank you.

GLP

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow