5DII metering mode and exposure lock question

Started Jun 24, 2009 | Discussions thread
C D M
Forum MemberPosts: 57
Like?
Re: Nikon too
In reply to Mako2011, Feb 1, 2013

Mako2011 wrote:

Nikon also does not lock metering when the shutter button is half pressed. People miss that and wonder why focus recompose often produces a shot different than they thought exposure wise. Nikon seems to act just as the Canon does in this regard. And I prefer it that way

-- hide signature --

My opinions are my own and not those of DPR or its administration. They carry no 'special' value (except to me and Lacie of course)

I'm sorry but this statement is patently false. Every single Nikon—within the last decade at least—has provided the option to AE lock on shutter release half-press.

For some illogical reason on the 5D2, Canon provided only one menu for selecting various combinations of shutter-release/AE-lock button functions, but the only option with AE-lock at shutter-release is tied together with AF On (this is what I do). The better solution would be to allow the user to set AF and AE buttons independently (ala Nikon, Olympus).

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
235New
BeeNew
OffNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow