Started Feb 1, 2013 | Discussions thread
sea_dragon
Contributing MemberPosts: 657Gear list
Like?
Re: Update on my GH3 repair
In reply to mpgxsvcd, Feb 1, 2013

mpgxsvcd wrote:

Aleo Veuliah wrote:

I think they will give you a new camera. That seems a positive thing from Panasonic Lumix.

Soon you will know.

-- hide signature --

Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.
Pure logic is the ruin of the spirit.
Imagination is more important than knowledge.
God is the tangential point between zero and infinity.
Aleo Photo Site

Yes, definitely an entire new camera would be exactly what I want. However, I doubt that is what they are doing. I think that they are simply ordering a new housing. I wonder if a new housing would get a new serial number?

Can someone with a GH3 check some things for me? Would replacing the housing also replace the viewfinder? Can you see how integrated the viewfinder is in the GH3?

I have the GH3 service manual and the EVF looks like its treated at one part.. Its basically a small module that just plugs into the camera via a harness connection. But is looks like the camera has to be torn down significantly to get to it. The back is removed along with some weather-sealing. Then the heat dissapation plate is removed along with some ribbon cables . This is all supposed to be done in a clean chamber to prevent dirt from getting in the camera body. I'm thinking it might be easier just to replace the whole camera.

Having said that, the camera does indeed come apart into multiple pieces so the shell could be replaced if they wanted to.

sea_dragon's gear list:sea_dragon's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ150 Panasonic Lumix DMC-TS5 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH3 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7 Panasonic Leica Summilux DG 25mm F1.4 +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow