Canon lover switched to RX-100, and it was terrible! Need advice....

Started Feb 1, 2013 | Discussions thread
jeffreyrdiamond
New MemberPosts: 22
Like?
Re: Canon lover switched to RX-100, and it was terrible! Need advice....
In reply to shuttervelocity, Feb 1, 2013

shuttervelocity wrote:

I look at my 3 MP pictures of my baby (now a 6 yr old) taken with a Canon A80 and it still brings me so much joy. Yes, I agree, CCD's are much better than CMOS.

As a guitar player you have no idea how much we chase the tone in the back-breaking heavy tube amps with 1940's technology costing thousands of dollars. Digital amps with way better features cost way way cheaper but no, people still want those heavy beasts. Why? There is a 10% difference in tone. But its a fact that digital amlplifiers have taken over and will be the future. Its the same with CMOS. CCD is going, going...gone. CMOS is the future and we better learn to accept it.

the S95 was the last great canon CCD camera, but there is no optical zoom in video. if not, I would have bought it and called it a day. Canon could have done that with the S100, but they pulled a fast one on all of us.

Have you tried/read about the Nikon P7700? Its got great reviews as well and people compare it with the G15.

-- hide signature --

Sam

Awesome advice, guys!  I keep forgetting the S95 doesn't let you zoom during video..

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow