Canon lover switched to RX-100, and it was terrible! Need advice....

Started Feb 1, 2013 | Discussions thread
jeffreyrdiamond
New MemberPosts: 22
Like?
Re: Canon lover switched to RX-100, and it was terrible! Need advice....
In reply to GeraldW, Feb 1, 2013

GeraldW wrote:

Jeff, I'm a former owner of an SD950IS, and just bought a second one, because I missed having one.

Thanks so much, Gerald. Based on what you and others have said, along with my natural Canon tendencies, I think I'll definitely check out the S95 and the G15.  I was attracted to the G1-X because I'm not immune to specs either, and the sensor was just so huge!  But such things can be deceiving, and many people thing the G15 is awesome.

Thanks to everyone for such thoughtful comments - I admit my RX-100 experience was surprising, to say the least, and I'm glad no one took offense of my honest observations.

Also, I want to clarify, when I said I thought the quality of modern Powershots looked bad, I didn't actually mean all powershots - I meant the in your jeans pocket ones... and then we're talking the SX models, not the S100/110.  I did fit the RX-100 in my jeans pocket, but it was uncomfortable enough that I noticed often didn't take it with me unless I knew I was going to take photos...

- Jeff

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow