Started Feb 1, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
masterofdeception
Regular MemberPosts: 264Gear list
Like?
Capture One vs anything else
Feb 1, 2013

I know this is an old and done to death topic, and everyone has their favourite, but I'm thinking of buying the latest version of C1 for RAW conversion of Fuji X-Pro 1 files.  I'd most likely do everything else in Aperture and Nik software (I have the full up to date suite of plug-ins) so I'm not really looking for the perfect all in one solution I'd just like C1 for conversion of the odd RAW file but perhaps it can offer more. I'm very happy with the JPEGs.  Money is no object. I have a Mac and use RPP for RAWs.  I don't enjoy Silkypix.  I've never used Lightroom but would if it got the thumbs up from the Fuji X crowd.

I'm not a pixel peeper and I love my X-Pro camera it suits my style of photography yes it has faults but which camera doesn't?  I'm not thinking about the X-Pro1s or the X-pro2.  If they come along I'll consider them like I would any other camera.  I like to print (Epson R2880) rather than post on the web and prefer B&W but do print color also.

I don't need the touted tethered advantages of C1.

I'm not a pro shooter. I like landscape and portraits, but also shoot street, fashion, still life and macro so my genre is "photography" in general. I do shoot some action but I know the limitations of my camera.

I'm currently using the free trial of C1 (which is well worth a go btw) so maybe by posting this and waiting another 50 days I'll answer my own question - does C1 add anything to the Fujifilm X-Pro 1 workflow?  The answer is "probably, if I can afford it".  But I'm really looking for feedback from those who've already tried it before I shell out.  I think the issue is I;m not technically minded - if it looks good to me then it's good enough - so going against the grain somewhat I'm actually looking for feedback from the pixel peepers!  But also those who use the program professionally.

Thanks.

Fujifilm X-Pro1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow