Started Feb 1, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
mpgxsvcd
Veteran MemberPosts: 7,640Gear list
Like?
Update on my GH3 repair
Feb 1, 2013

They just updated the status of my camera to "Waiting Parts" instead of "Repair in Progress".

I called them to ask which part was being ordered. After waiting on hold they said that they ordered a new body. Now that could mean that they ordered a whole new camera or they simply ordered a new housing to fix the flash issue.

I still have no information about whether they consider the EVF problem to be an issue or working as designed.

It looks like they won't be able to get my camera back to me next week now. It will probably be the week after next. I sent it in for repairs on Monday 1/21/2013 and they received it in Texas on Friday 1/25/2013. They started repairs on Monday 1/28/2013 and the guy indicated it would take about 1 week to get the parts in-stock.

I am interested to see if they really do give me a new body or just a new housing. The flash issue was definitely an issue with my particular camera body. It happened every time you touched the flash.

I will let you know if they say anything about whether the EVF problem is an issue or not.

mpgxsvcd's gear list:mpgxsvcd's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH3 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH4 Panasonic Lumix G 14mm F2.5 ASPH Panasonic Leica Summilux DG 25mm F1.4 +1 more
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow