Panasonic or Olympus lens for backpack trecking?

Started Feb 1, 2013 | Discussions thread
Melte
Forum MemberPosts: 92Gear list
Like?
Re: Panasonic or Olympus lens for backpack trecking?
In reply to Skeeterbytes, Feb 1, 2013

Thank's for the comment. (I have a Benro carbon light tripod which suits me fine.)

To concentrate on just one system is just what I have been contemplating. When trecking with my two dogs on the hunting trail in the mountains, I have a normal backpack for one day outing with a thermos, sandwiches, sometimes a small spirit burner and a kettle, extra dry food, GPS, shotgun, shots, dogfood and camera gear, altogether some 12-15 kgs. Beeing 73 years old, I am trying to keep everything as light as possible.

I am very fond of my Panny 12-35 and Oly 45 as well as Panny 14-140 and the E-M5 body. The 100-300 is OK for some wildlife and birding closeup. I have been thinking of the Panny G5 instead of the GX1 for a small light body, the viewfinder is very important for me. Maybee even GH3, but size and weight is a drawback.

Maybee I should concentrate on Panasonic zoom lenses as they will be good on either camera body. I think that Panasonic seems to focus (no pun) on zoom lenses. My type of shooting is not so easy with primes as it is a problem to move about for framing, I will scare away any animals or make my dogs shift attention from what they are doing.

By the way, I find that my young grandchildren react in the same way....

However, the E-M5 is a super camera, I love it for people and candid shots.

-- hide signature --

Cheers, Erik

Melte's gear list:Melte's gear list
Olympus PEN E-PL2 Nikon 1 V1 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Nikon 1 V2 Olympus E-M1 +23 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow