Started Feb 1, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Docno
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,025Gear list
Like?
2nd day out with RX1 - Old Armenian graveyard
Feb 1, 2013

Singapore used to have a large and vibrant Armenian community in British colonial days. But the community pretty much evaporated after independence. There is a church in downtown Singapore that I've always considered a special place. Always empty, but with a few lit candles (I never see who lights them). Fading photos of times gone by when Armenians were born here, got married, and died. And then there's the church graveyard, that over the dozen years I've been here, has become more and more decrepit. Not sure if it's through vandalism or simply age, but a lot of the statues are now headless and limbless. Even for granite and marble, it's dust to dust...

I'm still not blown away by the photos I'm getting. Perhaps I need to learn the skills. Perhaps I have to just wait for images to come rather than trying too hard to find them. Anyway, this is what I brought home today:

This is the tomb of a young child... always found it particularly touching...

Docno's gear list:Docno's gear list
Sony RX100
Sony RX1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow