jungho
New MemberPosts: 1
Like?
Re: Fuji product differentiation is now uncomfortably out of sync
In reply to Steve Pope, Feb 1, 2013

Steve Pope wrote:

rattymouse wrote:

newone757 wrote:

I can actually agree with Ratty on this one and do feel like he is being unnecessarily targeted in this thread. Wow, didn't ever think I'd say that.

Thank you very much. It is appreciated by me.

Yes, and I agree with you both. There's no point being in denial about what an awkward point in the product cycle this currently is. The X100S (arguably even its predecessor) is now 'too good' on price and spec relative to the top of the range X bodies. It's surely unavoidable that sales will be hit until all the enhancements in the X100S, and then some, are implemented in the flagship model?

I'm excited by the general direction of travel indicated by the large sensor X-series, but it will take the next iteration - greater processing power, improved autofocus, snappier EVF, more lenses - to overcome my hesitancy. I'd welcome Fuji accelerating the roll-out of the next models, but as soon as the grapevine gets early wind of it - and because the likely improvements may be far more significant than your typical marginal upgrade - the existing stock will be selling into a difficult headwind.

Why would you buy right at this particular moment, when there seems every possibility of quite dramatic improvements to the main in-camera bugbears being iterated by the end of the year?

I am in this very situation.  I will not be buying the XPro1 now.  I was very interested in the XPro1 but given announcement of the X100S, I have decided to delay my purchase and instead pre-order the X100S to complement my Olympus OMD micro 4/3 system.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow