DO YOU STILL PRINT PICTURES?

Started Feb 1, 2013 | Discussions thread
wireless
Regular MemberPosts: 471Gear list
Like?
Re: DO YOU STILL PRINT PICTURES?
In reply to sshoihet, Feb 1, 2013

sshoihet wrote:

I don't print a lot, but I'm printing more lately and making larger prints. I like that I can show the image how I intended it to look and not have to worry about how it's going to look on someone's uncalibrated display. I happened to have a couple of 11x17 portraits at work today and i showed them to a coworker. He'd seen them before displayed on screen and he remarked how much better they looked in print. I think it's hard to appreciate just how amazing the images are from our cameras now if you don't make any large prints

Are you using your own printer for that or do you send them out?  I'm debating whether to buy a good printer such as the Epson Pro.  I probably wouldn't print that many but I would like to print some larger prints and hang them around the house.  But how many before it offsets the cost of printer and supplies?

David

wireless's gear list:wireless's gear list
Nikon D800E Nikon AF-S Nikkor 14-24mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm f/1.8G +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
YesNew
YesNew
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow