RealPancho
Senior MemberPosts: 1,020Gear list
Like?
Re: Is it time to give up on Olympus?
In reply to Moonman52, Feb 1, 2013

Moonman52 wrote:

BingoCharlie wrote:

Moonman52 wrote:

The Panasonic 12-35 is made for Panasonic cameras. You can not expect great results using it on an OM body enough to make up for the high price.

Huh? It's one thing to question the lens's optics. It's another to think it doesn't work correctly on an Olympus body. That's nonsense.

Me thinks not.

Methinks you thinks wrong. I believe Olympus and Panasonic fully expect that their lenses will be used to great effect on each others' bodies.

As to the CAs, you do realize that Olympus bodies don't correct them even with Olympus lenses, right?

That's because Olympus when they want to do things right put the quality into the glass and optical formula instead of relying on some gimmickal software magic.

Panasonic relies on "gimmickal" software magic - theirs is simply applied in-camera, as opposed to in PP. Some might prefer the control offered by the latter.

I should add that I do share your impatience with Olympus in this regard. I would jump on a mft 12-60 that was as good as their 4/3 version, in about 2 seconds, but its absence is nowhere near enough to make give up on them or the system.

-- hide signature --

Frank

RealPancho's gear list:RealPancho's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-TS3 Olympus E-620 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus E-M1 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm 1:4.0-5.6 +9 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow