Is it time to give up on Olympus?

Started Feb 1, 2013 | Discussions thread
sean000
Veteran MemberPosts: 6,758Gear list
Like?
Re: Is it time to give up on Olympus?
In reply to tjuster1, Feb 1, 2013

tjuster1 wrote:

Your claim that the 14-45mm doesn't "work so great on [your] OM body" totally bewilders me and is contrary to my own experience: the 14-45mm is my favorite lens on the OMD, producing fabulous images. It's just as good on the OMD as it was on the G1, GX1, and G3 I've owned. Further, its OIS (which can be turned on and off with an external switch) makes it equally valuable on the PM series camera, which lack the great IBIS of the OMD.

So, basically, I have no idea what you're complaining about.

I agree... my 14-45mm works just as well on my E-M5 as it did on my GF1. Same for the 45-200mm. Even the 20mm f/1.7 works fantastic and practically lives on my E-M5. No it won't autofocus as quickly as the other lenses, but it was slower to AF on the GF1 as well.

I don't have much desire for a standard f/2.8 zoom since I have primes covering this range, but I would love to add the Panasonic 35-100mm f/2.8 to my kit.

Sean

sean000's gear list:sean000's gear list
Olympus Stylus XZ-10 Nikon D70 Nikon D200 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF1 Olympus OM-D E-M5 +13 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow