Are you thinking about selling your D600 and try from a new lot?

Started Feb 1, 2013 | Discussions thread
lock
Veteran MemberPosts: 5,783
Like?
I reverse that: How do you know there is one?
In reply to Steve Bingham, Feb 1, 2013

lock wrote:

So nothing will change. As long as some are lucky to get a clean D600, they will ignore and deny there is a problem.

To solve the issue, I'm sure some design changes are neccessary.

Now how could possibly know that a small fix wasn't possible? How could you know that it hasn't been done? You are so anti Nikon I am amazed you are still on this forum? Please, please, go buy a Canon. Like today!

It looks like the current design doesn't correspond with the production variance of the mechanical components. Most likely, this is a price related issue to make a FF DSLR at a cost no other manufacturer wants to or can deliver. Ultimately, Nikon tried to gain a bigger market share from enthousiast FF users, while temporarily offering an alternative to a lack of a D700 successor and those on the edge of pro Dx and a proper Fx.Unfortunately, they will only lose market share.

The loss of the market share will not be a temporary effect. If I spend 1900 euro on a camera that comes without any serious attempt of the producer to make it work properly or to compensate the failure, this experience will not simply blow away with the winds. At the minimum, it will delay my purchase for more than a year if a new model arrives. Given that Nikon will keep on manufacturing this D600 for about three years at least (rough guess), I will not be spending any money on Nikon the next four years. I'm not going to be without a camera for four years, so it's likely that I will go to another side.

-- hide signature --

Steve Bingham
www.dustylens.com
www.ghost-town-photography.com

If there would be one, the would have told us and asked us to send it in for repair.
I sent an email to Nikon this week about the dust issue, and in my case, the coating issue. I know they read it cause this is the regular communication channel with customers. Not a word about a fix came back. That is why I know.

I do not recall you were hired as forum cop to send out those that do not blindly accept nikon customer approach. But if you are the forum cop, please update your avatar.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow