B&H selling returned products: Question for Mr. Henry Posner

Started Jan 26, 2013 | Discussions thread
Melte
Forum MemberPosts: 90Gear list
Like?
Re: B&H selling returned products: Question for Mr. Henry Posner
In reply to Jeff Peterman, Feb 1, 2013

This thread is very long and I must apaologize if my comment is already covered.

In Sweden, where I live, Internet purchases are covered by a consumer protection commercial law.

One has 14 days to return anything that is bought from a Swedish company over the Internet. The products can be used to help you to decide if you wish to keep it or not. The condition needs to be "reasonably" like new, i.e. the plastic screen on a display can be removed and not replaced, the battery charged, the manual openend and read through etc. The full price will be refunded, one has to pay any return shipment cost.

One of the largest retailers here offers 30 days return with very liberal return policy even if the product is bought in the store. Their customer service says that "of course you can use it during 30 days as long as you return it with the original package and all components are there."

I just got a surfpad from them that turned out to be incompatible with an app that I need. I had removed the large film screen cover and when replacing a lot of bubbles remain. "No problem", says customer service, "as long as there are no scratches on the screen." I will return it with a full refund and no restocking fee.

I am sure they will resell it as new in the store!

-- hide signature --

Cheers, Erik

Melte's gear list:Melte's gear list
Olympus PEN E-PL2 Nikon 1 V1 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Nikon 1 V2 Olympus E-M1 +23 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow