19mm vs 30mm

Started Feb 1, 2013 | Discussions thread
howielenny
Contributing MemberPosts: 679Gear list
Like?
Re: 19mm vs 30mm
In reply to jeff23r, Feb 1, 2013

jeff23r wrote:

i know sigma has announced new versions, but for a simply hobbyist, picking up one of the old models at current pricing for some faster indoor pictures seems a no brainer - will be used to take pics of my 6 year old and 3 year old in an NYC apartment - which length would be a better size to capture pictures of them? posed, surprise shots etc. 30mm seems like all around more useful when taking into account using it outdoors as well, but wondering if its too long and 19mm better for less space indoor use. i know i can buy both, but looking for 1 - any help from those more astute on this stuff?
Thanks much

For the price I got both. Indoors I would say the 19mm would give you more room to manouvre where the 30mm would allow you to get closer from a little further back. For the price, I'd get both (which I did). You can't really go wrong with either of them for the price.

howielenny's gear list:howielenny's gear list
Nikon D7100 Fujifilm X-M1 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6G VR Sigma 10-20mm F4-5.6 EX DC HSM Tamron SP AF 60mm F/2 Di II LD IF Macro +6 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow