£50 off XF 14mm lens (UK)

Started Jan 24, 2013 | Discussions thread
braeside
Contributing MemberPosts: 990
Like?
Re: £50 off XF 14mm lens (UK)
In reply to umanemo, Feb 1, 2013

umanemo wrote:

Maybe Fujifilm is feeling remorse that in GBP you'all have paid up by conversion and paid more to their profit than everyone else in the World for their products! (and about everything else!) I.E. Forget about the Euro & AU Dollar just compare the 14mm on the USA Amazon site; US $ = $899.00 vs. GBP which should be £549, I don't think so! Hope the Queen is getting her cut.

Sometimes it does feel like that.

Remember we have VAT at 20%.

Its supply and demand and the first to buy will pay a premium for sure, already there are places in the UK advertising the lens as low as £649, though they are not on the approved seller list, so no £50 off offer on top of that.

If you wait a month the price will fall.

I ended up pre-ordereing my lens at a bricks and mortar store 20 miles away, because they are one of the few shops left that actually sell cameras round here. I always prefer to do that if I can, otherwise we will shortly have nowhere.

The UK is an expensive place to live and to do business in, even the cost of mailing things is getting prohibitive. A second class stamp being 50p and that is for a small letter only.

-- hide signature --

David

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow